Tuesday, February 12, 2008

...Feels like Monday

I fell terrible today. I have been selling to this one customer and I feel like I suck at it. I listened, I solved and now he is trying to challenge me again. I feel like a failure. I want the sale so bad that I think i'm destined not to have it. YIKES!!!! I'm truly disappointed in myself. There is so much to know about the product and I have gone to webinar after webinars to learn about it, but I just feel like when the customer ask me questions that I just don't know ANYTHING!

Well, I know the clouds will soon move.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

My sister is NOT a failure!! You're on a learning curve right now. There's nothing wrong with saying you'll do some research and get back to him. I'm sure you impressed him the first time you solved his problem, and I'm sure you will again! You do impressive work, and he won't find better anywhere else. So take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about your job so you can become an expert!! Everyone has got to start somewhere. And even if you lose this account, you'll get tons more because of what you learn from this guy's challenges! Chin up! I love you!